Chile joined the Hague Apostille Convention on December 16, 2015.

Legal documents intended for use in a country which is a member of the Hague Convention require an Apostille, which is Notarization and then Secretary of State Certification.

Washington Express Visas can certify all types of federal or corporate documents destined for use in Chile. Instead of trying to wade through multiple websites trying to figure it all out, let our knowledgeable document services staff walk you through the process step-by-step, making sure that you have all of the correct documentation, and then working directly on your behalf with the State Department, Embassy, and any other agency to get your documents processed accurately and efficiently.

Documents we commonly process for Chile:

  • Appointment & Distributor
  • Article of Incorporation, Registration
  • Assignment
  • Authorization of Agent
  • Board Resolution
  • Business License
  • Business Registration
  • Certificates of Good Standing
  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Distribution Agreement, Agency, etc.
  • Financial Statement
  • Free Sale Certificate/EP
  • General Power of Attorney
  • Price List
  • Resolution
  • Trademark Application
  • US Patent Application
  • Marriage License

Tips when requesting an Apostille:

  • Corporate or Personal documents must first be notarized by a Local Notary.
  • All Corporate or Personal Documents are then sent to the Secretary of State in which the Notary is Certified for Apostille to be issued.
  • All Federal documents must be processed through the U.S. State Department in Washington D.C.



Please complete the attached request form and credit card authorization form (if paying by credit card) and send along with your document to Washington Express Visas and Document Legalization.

In order to obtain legalization, we will need the original document. This needs to be a signed-and-notarized or a State-issued Document.

The Legalization processing time at the Embassies varies, but usually takes about 3 – 5 business days.

Still confused? Download our Document Legalization Flow Chart to better understand the process.


**Please note, we can only help you with documents originating from the United States. If your documents originated from Chile, you will need to contact the correct authority to assist you in that country.

Contact Request