*Due to the limited number of submissions accepted by the US Passport Office, please contact our office to reserve your slot prior to mailing your passport. Submission slots are filled on a first come, first served basis.
Requirements for applying for a RENEWAL of your U.S. Passport:
- You currently have in your possession a U.S. passport
- You were 16 years or older when your U.S. passport was issued
- Your U.S. passport was issued within the last 15 years
- Your U.S. passport has expired (within the last 5 years) or will expire in the next 12 months
- Your U.S passport has no available visa pages
Step 1 – Gather required documents.
1. State Department Application. The U.S. Passport Agency now requires all applications for a U.S. Passport be typed for submission. This provides the ability for a 2D-barcode to be printed on the form, which allows the State Department to scan your information into their database, thus making processing your application faster. Once you have entered your information onto the application through the State Department’s website, click “Create Form”, which will prepare your application for printing. Sign and print 2 copies of your application. Please click here to access the DS-82 online application.
2. Two (2) Passport Photos. Two (2) identical passport-size (2″x 2″) photos. Requirements for photos:*Pale or white background. *Full face, front view, no glasses. *The photos must be identical and taken in the last 6 months. *Do not wear a hat unless for religious reasons (if so, please include an explanation). *Wear normal day-to-day attire. Do not wear uniforms. *If you normally wear a wig or hearing aid, wear them for the photo.
*Photo studios and pharmacies are well prepared to do passport photos for you. It’s much more effective to get good passport photos from a pharmacy, photo studio or post office rather than try to do it yourself.
3. Expired Passport. Your expired passport will need to be sent to us for submission. Your expired passport will be returned to you along with your new passport.
4. Proof of Departure. Print out a copy of your travel itinerary showing when you will be departing the U.S. for international travel. A copy of your airline ticket is also acceptable.
Step 2 – Order Form, Authorization Form, Shipping and Service.
1. Washington Express Visas Passport Order Form. Please click here to fill out a Washington Express Visas Passport Request Form.
2. Washington Express Visas Passport Authorization Form. Please click here and fill out 2 copies. This form gives Washington Express Visas’ submission affiliate, Duke’s Visa Services, permission to submit your documents to the Washington, DC Passport Agency on your behalf. Please ensure that only the top two boxes are checked giving authorization to process.It must be signed in your original signature, in blue ink. Xerox copies or faxed signatures are not acceptable.
3. Shipment. Please send the documents listed above, the Washington Express Visas Authorization Form, and the Washington Express Visas Passport Order Form to our office at the address below via Fed/Ex or UPS so you can track your documents:
4. Washington Express Visas Fee. Washington Express Visas’ service fee is $299
5. State Department Fee. State Department service fee is $170.Our passport processing specialists are experts in the field, and are able to accomplish the entire process in days, instead of the weeks or months it would normally take.