*Due to the limited number of submissions accepted by the US Passport Office, please contact our office to reserve your slot prior to mailing your passport. Submission slots are filled on a first come, first served basis.
Requirements for applying for a LOST or STOLEN U.S. Passport:
- You have lost or cannot locate your valid U.S. passport
- OR your valid U.S. passport has been stolen
- OR your valid U.S. passport is damaged
Step 1 – Gather required documents.
Gather and take the documents listed below to an “Acceptance Agent” at a U.S. Passport Agency. Click here to find the closest Post Office or courthouse that acts as a Passport Agency.
You must appear in person. You should tell the “Acceptance Agent” that you are using an Expediting service, who will hand carry your expedited package to the Passport Agency. After they authenticate your documents, they will put ALL items in a sealed envelope. This envelope CANNOT be opened! Make sure the “Acceptance Agent” gives you the sealed envelope once he/she completes your transaction.
1. Proof of Citizenship. To prove your citizenship, you must have an original or certified copy of your birth certificate, naturalization papers or old passport. If you are unable to obtain your birth certificate, you may obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate from the state that you were born, or you can go to vitalchek.com to obtain information about ordering a certified copy of your birth certificate.
2. Proof of Identity. You will be required to show a valid state-issued Driver’s License with photo, or a state-issued ID. Military ID or Official government ID issued more than 6 months ago are also acceptable forms of identity.
3. State Department Applications. The U.S. Passport Agency now requires all applications for a U.S. Passport be typed for submission. This provides the ability for a 2D-barcode to be printed on the form, which allows the State Department to scan your information into their database, thus making processing your application faster.
- Please click here to access the DS-11 online application. Once you have entered your information onto the application through the State Department’s website, click “Create Form”, which will prepare your application for printing. Print two (2) copies of this application. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN, you will need to sign in front of the “Acceptance Agent”!
- Please click here to fill out the DS-64 online application. This form is used to cancel a lost or stolen passport. Fill out as much as possible. You will need to be detailed as to “how you lost” or “how your passport was stolen” when filling out this form. Print two (2) copies of this application to submit with the above DS-11 application.
4. Two (2) Passport Photos. Two (2) identical passport-size (2″x2″) photos. Requirements for photos:*Pale or white background. *Full face, front view, no glasses. *The photos must be identical and taken in the last 6 months. *Do not wear a hat unless for religious reasons (if so, please include an explanation). *Wear normal day-to-day attire. Do not wear uniforms. *If you normally wear a wig or hearing aid, wear them for the photo.
*Photo studios and pharmacies are well prepared to do passport photos for you. It’s much more effective to get good passport photos from a pharmacy, photo studio or post office rather than try to do it yourself.
5. Proof of Departure. Print out a copy of your travel itinerary showing when you will be departing the U.S. for international travel. A copy of your airline ticket is also acceptable.
Step 2 – Order Form, Authorization Form, Shipping, and Service.
1. Washington Express Visas Passport Order Form. Please click here to fill out a Washington Express Visas Passport Request Form. If payment for the passport is enclosed in the sealed envelope by the Acceptance Agent, indicate the amount on this form under special instructions. Do not have it sealed in the envelope.
2. Washington Express Visas Passport Authorization Form. Please click here and fill out 2 copies fill out 2 copies. This form gives Washington Express Visas’ submission affiliate, Duke’s Visa Services permission to submit your hand-carried sealed expedited envelope to the Washington, DC Passport Agency on your behalf. The State Department requires that it be an original signature, in blue ink, or it may be rejected. Xerox copies or faxed signatures will be rejected. Acceptance Agent will seal 1 copy with your application. We need an additional copy to submit which must not be sealed with your application.
3. Shipment. Please send the sealed envelope from the “Acceptance Agent”, the Washington Express Visas Authorization Form, and the Washington Express Visas Passport Order Form to our office at the address below via Fed/Ex or UPS so you can track your documents:
4. Washington Express Visas Fee. Washington Express Visas’ service fee is $299.
5. State Department Fee. State Department service fee is $170.Our passport processing specialists are experts in the field, and are able to accomplish the entire process in days, instead of the weeks or months it would normally take.