Cuba Document Authentication & Legalization
Washington Express Visas provides expedited document authentication and legalization to the Cuban Embassy.
Washington Express Visas offers same day pick-up and prompt, reliable Cuban document authentication and legalization processing available 24 hours a day. When others tell you it will take weeks to get your documents, call us and we can do it in mere days. We will walk you through the process step-by-step and immediately notify you if any problems or delays occur. Your documents can either be picked up and returned directly to your office, or you can send them to us via FedEx, UPS, etc. to our Processing Office.
Our Processing & Filing Services (Disclaimer)
Washington Express Visas is an experienced document processing provider. We can help you complete your application timely and accurately in order to avoid delays. We can also file & process your application for you for a fee. However, you can also fill out and submit your application for free (excluding embassy fees), by visiting the Cuban Embassy website. Please note that we have no affiliation with any government embassy or agency.
Cuban Document Legalization & Authentication:
- Step 1: Make sure your document is notarized by a local notary public unless it is an original certified copy/certification issued by a competent Federal/State/local office.
- Step 2: The document must then be authenticated by the Secretary of the State where it is executed. Some states require that the document be certified by the County Clerk first. For Federally issued certifications, skip this step and go directly to Step 3.
- Step 3: The document must be authenticated by the U.S. State Department before the Cuban Embassy can provide final legalization.
Documents to be Submitted:
- The document to be authenticated, submit both the original and a complete photocopy
- A letter of explanation addressed to the Cuban Consulate, and one passport/ driver license copy of the applicant.
- Washington Express Document Processing Request Form.
- Other supporting documents a consular officer may request.
- Documents to be used in Cuba for legal procedures must be legalized by the corresponding authorities of the country.
- Documents must be translated by a notarized translator and legalized, both the original and the translation, by the competent authorities and then by the Cuban Consulate, or, having the originals legalized by the competent authorities and then having them translated at the Cuban Consulate along with the legalization of the original and the translation.
Processing Times and Fees*:
- Regular Service – 3 business days
*The above processing time is average and for reference only. Some applications may require longer processing time that a pick-up date cannot be confirmed until notified by the Visa Office.
Cuban Consular Fees*:
- Regular/ Commerical Documents: $140
**The Cuban Embassy charges a $20.00 third party fee inaddtion to the fees listed above.
The fee above applies to translated versions of the document as well.
Washington Express Visas Fees:
- Regular Service: $195 per document
**Multi-document discounts may be offered depending on your volume.
See our Price List for detailed information about Service Fees and Shipping information.
We ask that you send the documents listed above via FedEx or UPS so the delivery can be tracked. Please call us at 202-393-3030 to let us know that your documents have been sent.